WORK IN FREEDOM
Duration of the project: August 2014- November 2015
Program areas: Rupendhehi
Supported by: International Labour Organisation (ILO)
Implimented by: ABC/Nepal
The overall objective of proposed project is to reduce incident of trafficking of women and girls from Rupandehi aiming for labour migration to the Middle East, with a particular focus on domestic and garment sector
A. Enhance capacity of project staff and key stakeholders to deliver and monitor project interventions
B. Empower potential women migrant workers with knowledge and support services on safe migration channels, skills training, rights and responsibilities at work, and how to avoid being trafficked.
C. Strengthen coordination and advocacy mechanisms at local to national level for prevention of trafficking
D. Improve access to available support services for potential women and girls migrant workers through referral mechanisms in place.
· Organized Project planning meeting with senior management team and project staff at central office.
· Conducted one 3-day training on safe migration and trafficking to the social mobilizer and peer educator. 15 social mobiliser and 19 peer educator of 5 selected VDCs will be trained.
· Regular follow up and monitoring
· Developed formats and tools for identification of potential women and girls migrant workers
· Organized 30 ward level orientation session with community women, member of existing women group to identify the potential migrant women and girls based on the door to door visit conducted by the PEs;
· Dissemination of IEC materials on safe migration in targeted VDCs. Reprint booklet on safe migration.
· Organize of Street drama one in each VDC
· Conduction of Media orientation on ethical values and other related procedural, managerial and administrative issue connected with migration and trafficking at district level
· Organized Project inception meeting with concern district government line agencies and NGOs working on migration and trafficking issues at project district (Organized by the ILO)
· Organized a review meeting with concern district government line agencies and CSOs.
· Establish Migrant Resource center at Ilaka District Administrative Office Butwal
· Assist the VDC to organize VCCHT meeting
Identified and referred 5 persons to participate in ToT programme organized by the ILO on safe migration and labour trafficking
Identification of returnee migrants workers (RMW)
Prepared database of potential migrant women and RMW